The following rules apply to weapons/weapons facsimilies that may be worn by
- NO weapons that are made of real steel or metallic parts are allowed
- Realistic looking weapons must be "peace-bonded" — and verified by either the
Convention Security or Con Ops — with a pre-designated piece of ribbon or
- Imitation firearms used as a part of costumes must comply with
California law and be transparent or brightly colored. Having an orange tip
is no longer sufficient. Please see section section 12556(d)(13) on this
page for a full description of colors allowed.
- Wooden, leather or plastic paddles, bats or any similarly designed
implements may NOT be brought to the convention. If you are found with
one you will be asked to return the item to your room. Failure to do so,
complaints about your use of an implement while on convention premises,
or repeated infractions may result in your convention badge being
confiscated (and you sent home).
- Weapons purchased in the Dealers' Room must remain in their original
packaging while you are on convention premises. Failure to observe this
rule while you are on convention premises will result in the weapon being
confiscated and you may be asked to leave the convention.