Scavenger Hunt registration is now OPEN!
- All teams may contain 2-5 members with one designated TEAM LEADER. The
Team Leader will be the contact person between the team and Merry at Yaoi-Con.
- Team Leader must have:
- A smart phone
- A Twitter account specific to your team
- The Scavenger hunt will rely solely on these tools. Please
make sure that you have a working knowledge of both before coming
to Con! You will be uploading photos via Twitter and sending Direct
- Suggested apps: Tweetcaster (Android) & Twitter (iPhone)
- Team Leader MUST be at Yaoi-Con on Friday, October 12, 2012
in order to check-in at Con Ops IN PERSON with Scavenger Hunt staff between
5:30-6:30pm. At this time, the Team Leader will OK all information
and assess that all technology is working. Any team that does not present a Team
Leader and the proper phones/Twitter accounts will be dropped from the roster.
25 Teams will be called to action Saturday, October 13, 2012 from
- Over the course of 12 hours, beginning at 10:00am, teams will receive Tasks one
at a time via Twitter Direct Message. A Task must be completed or officially skipped
in order to receive the next.
- There are a total of 20 Tasks to complete:
- Each Task will revolve around a picture challenge. This is a visual scavenger
- Any Task may be skipped, but each skip used will not only lose any potential
points earnable for that task, but also be deducted a point as a penalty.
- Task completion is determined by Direct Messaging a picture to Yaoi-Con's
- There is no time limit per Task, but be mindful. When a completed task is
received, the Scavenger Hunt staff will try to send the next within 15 minutes.
It is up to you to check that your completed tasks have been received. If you
do not hear from us, either Direct Message us or stop by Con Ops to speak to
someone. You are in control of your own destiny.
- For fairness, all teams will receive the same list of Tasks; however, to prevent
pile-ups, tasks will be assigned in a different order for each team.
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 10:00pm, the Scavenger Hunt will end.
There are no exceptions! Please keep in mind the ever-changing schedule of the Con.
Saturday evening will bring Main Events as well as closures to places like the Dealer's
Room. This will affect both your ability to interact with other attendees and your own
Con needs! Plan accordingly.
At the end of the Scavenger Hunt, each team will be scored using the following criteria:
- A score of 1-5 points will be given for each Task based on answer creativity
with a possible 100 points in total! This will make up the bulk of the
points earned! Be creative! Get others involved! Think outside the box!
- One point will be deducted from the total score for each Task skipped.
- There will be one Special Task that will be worth up to 20 points. Details will
be given the day of the Hunt.
The teams with the THREE HIGHEST SCORES after staff tallying will be judged in front of
and by the Yaoi-Con attendees in a panel on Sunday, October 14, 2012.
Pictures by the top three will be shown, as well as honorable mentions to showcase all
of the best--so come to the Reveal Panel to support your favorites! Fan participation will
be the deciding factor in which of the three finalists will take home the top prize.
The Top Team will take home some exciting prizes courtesy of DMI! The two runner-ups
won't be going home empty-handed either so all you should be asking now is: how do
Hopeful teams can sign up for the Scavenger Hunt online by emailing Merry at
events[at]yaoicon.com with the following:
- Team Name
- Team Leader's legal name, badge name, email address & cell phone #
- Legal names and badge names for all other participating team members
Only 25 teams will be accepted to participate in the Hunt! Slots are
assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis with preference given to teams who have
PRE-REGISTERED Team Leaders. If your Team Leader is not pre-registered for Con, your team
will be put on a wait-list.
You will be contacted by email in regards to your team's status.
The end date for the online Scavenger Hunt registration is Sunday, October 7th,
2012 11:59pm PST. If you do not make the online registration date and want to
participate, please stop by Con Ops between 5:30pm and 6:30pm on Friday, October
12, 2012. We will be giving away any extra slots at that time.
If you need to cancel your reservation, please email Merry
ASAP so that we can open up your spot to another team. In the event you
need to make team member changes, it can be done at the convention during your Friday night