RegistrationWelcome to the Registration Information page for all your registration needs! This is the first place you should review for information regarding pre-registration, at-con registration, and discounted registration (for all of you amazing volunteers!)
While the majority of the registration process has not changed from the prior years, there is one major change that we must stress for this year. EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF THEIR PHOTO ID. For all of you pre-registered attendees who have not had to submit your IDs since 2001, we are breaking with tradition for this year only. Something of a reset, or a fresh start, or more of a legal obligation. After you submit your ID for this year, you will not have to do so again. We apologize for this inconvenience, unfortunately, there is no way around it.
With that bit out of the way, please read the detailed instructions below for getting registered for the convention.
There are 2 ways to pre-register for Yaoi-Con. To register using the online form go here, for pre-registering in person at Sakura Con, Fanime, or Anime Expo go here. For Volunteers registering at a discounted rate, please read the instructions outlined here first.
|Early Bird**||Through May 31, 2012||$45.00 (USD)|
|General Rate**||June 1-Sept. 8, 2012||$55.00 (USD)|
|At the Door||Con Weekend||$65.00 (USD)|
The Online Pre-Registration Process:
Follow the instructions outlined below to pre-register using the online submission process:
- SUBMIT ONLINE FORM - Complete the online registration form and click the "SUBMIT" button.
- NOTE: Please enter your FULL NAME as it appears on the Photo ID you'll be mailing with your registration packet. For example, if your name is "Margaret Rogers Smith" and that's what's on your ID, please enter that on your registration form. Not your nickname of "Maggie Rogers" or "Margaret Rogers."
- PROOF OF AGE - All Registrants MUST be 18 years or older on or before convention dates. (Why 18 or older? It's the law!) Therefore, all attendees must provide a clear, unaltered copy of a valid government photo ID that shows your full legal name, photo and birth date. Name, photo and birth date must be clearly visible. DO NOT BLACK OUT ANY PORTION OF YOUR ID! Acceptable forms of valid Photo ID: Driver's License, State ID, Passport, or a combination of IDs ( e.g. School ID with Full Legal Name and Photo plus Birth Certificate).
- PAYMENT IN USD* -- Make Check or Money Order/Cashier's Check out to DIGITAL MANGA, INC. for the appropriate amount in U.S. Dollars (USD). DO NOT SEND CASH! Reminder: If paying by check, confirm your signature is on the front before remitting.
- PRINT THE EMAIL -- Check your email for a message from confirmation[at]yaoicon.com titled "Yaoi-Con 2012: Registration Form Submitted to the Database". If you don't see it in your Inbox, check your Junk Mail Folder. Review the information in the email and make sure it is correct. If the information is incorrect, please contact Registration (registration[at]yaoicon.com).
- MAIL YOUR COMPLETE REGISTRATION PACKET - Your packet should contain the following:
- A print-out of the email titled "Yaoi-Con 2012: Registration Form Submitted to Database" and
- PAYMENT in USD* made out to DIGITAL MANGA, INC. and
- A clear, unaltered photocopy of a valid government Photo ID that has your FULL LEGAL NAME, PHOTO, and BIRTHDATE on it (see PROOF OF AGE requirements above), then
- MAIL these to the following address:
- In case you haven't pre-registered for Yaoi-Con in awhile, we no longer send out hard copy confirmations/receipts. Everyone who pre-registers receives an email with the subject "Yaoi-Con 2012: Registration Complete [Receipt]" from "confirmation[at]yaoicon.com". That is your receipt. Please bring a print-out of it, along with a valid government photo ID, to the Registration Desk at the convention to pick up your badge and bracelet.
FYI: Processing may take up to 4 weeks (from the moment the packet is mailed to when you receive the final confirmation email) since there is only one person handling everything. So please be patient!
* All prices are in U.S. Dollars (USD). Payment(s) must be submitted in U.S. Dollars (USD).
** Early Bird and General Rates: Your COMPLETE registration packet needs to be POSTMARKED on or before the deadline date. We must have all your registration materials (online form submitted to the database, print-out of the email titled "Yaoi-Con 2012: Registration Submitted to Database," a clear, unaltered photocopy of a valid government Photo ID, and payment) before we are able to process your packet.
*** To avoid any registration errors, please READ AND FOLLOW all of the directions carefully.
Registration Staff will not be responsible for delays caused by the failure to complete any portion of the registration process.
Pre-Registration Process On Site At Sakura Con, Fanime, Anime Expo:
Already attending Fanime or Anime Expo? Why not take a few minutes to visit the Yaoi-Con booth(Akadot/Moe Moe Paradise) to easily get registered for this year's convention! It takes all the hassle out of having to photocopy your ID and finding a stamp for your envelope, if you can even find an envelope! Simply complete this PDF registration form. Print it and bring it with you to the booth. Make sure you have your ID with you when you come to the booth (you'd be amazed how many people forget ~_^). After we've squared away that you're 18+, we'll get your registration squared away too. Easy peasy!
Discounted Registration For Volunteers:
You are made of awesome. Covered in awesomesauce and sprinkled with sparkles. As one of Yaoi-Con's amazing volunteers, you're entitled to a perk or two for the awesome things you do! As in past years, Volunteers who worked 7+ hours at Yaoi-Con 2011 will receive half off of their registration for Yaoi-Con 2012. If you worked more than 12+ hours, your registration is free! However, in order to be considered pre-registered for the convention, you must complete the registration process. Please follow the instructions outlined below.
Instructions on How to Pre-Register Using the Previous Year's Volunteer Hours:
- Check with the Volunteer Chair (volunteers[at]yaoicon.com) to see how many hours you have accumulated.
- Follow the Registration Instructions on the Online Registration Form and submit a payment and/or unaltered, clear photocopy of a valid government Photo ID, if necessary.
- Email the Registration Chair (registration[at]yaoicon.com) to let them know you're using your hours for some or all of your payment.
As always, At-Con registration will be available for attendees who have missed the pre-reg deadlines or those of you who realize your deepest wish, unbeknownst to you until October 12, 2012 is to attend Yaoi-Con 2012. At-Con Registration will be available Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the convention. Single day rates will be published closer to convention time, so check back here for more details later.
Please Take Note Of These Additional Registration Policies:
Pre-Registration & At-the-Door Registration:It is mandatory to show a valid government-issued PHOTO ID at the Registration Desk to pick up your badge or to register. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. Acceptable forms of valid government Photo ID: Driver License, State ID, Passport, Military ID, or a combo of ID (e.g., School ID with Full Legal Name and Photo plus Birth Certificate).
If you are a Pre-Registered Attendee, you are only allowed to pick up your own Membership Badge. Each person is required to show a valid government-issued PHOTO ID in order to collect his/her badge and convention materials.
Lost Badge Policy:Immediately report all lost/broken badges and bracelets to the Registration Staff. Lost Badges will be replaced at the Full At-the-Door Rate. If you later locate your badge, a pro-rated refund will be given.
Lost/Broken Bracelet Policy:Immediately report all lost/broken badges and bracelets to the Registration Staff. Broken/defective bracelets can be EXCHANGED for a new one for free. LOST/TAMPERED-WITH bracelets will be replaced at the full At-the-Door Rate. Note that you are required to wear the bracelet for the duration of the convention.
Special Note Regarding Bracelets:The convention bracelets are made of either vinyl or plastic. If you are allergic to either material, please notify the Registration Staff before the convention date. You are required to wear the bracelet for the duration of the convention and may be randomly asked by the Convention Staff or Security to present both badge and bracelet while on the premises.
If you have read all of the instructions above and still have questions, check the Registration FAQ first before emailing us. The FAQ covers just about every common question we've received at the registration email.
Q: I've registered online, but haven't received the confirmation email. What can I do?A: First, check your spam/junk mail filter. Also, Yahoo! Mail has trouble receiving Yaoi-Con's database emails. Please try an alternate email account if you don't receive your confirmation within 12 hours. If you still have not received it after that, please email the registration chair (regchair[at]yaoicon.com) for confirmation.
Q: I'm not 18 yet, but I will be before Yaoi-Con is held. Can I register now?A: Absolutely! If you were born on or before October 12, 1994, you are welcome to pre-register for Yaoi-Con 2012.
Q: I'll be 18 on October 12, 2012. Can I come to the convention?A: Yes. As long as you are 18 years old on or before October 12, 2012, you can register for Yaoi-Con 2012.
Q: I won't be 18 in time for the convention this year, but I really want to attend! What if I get my parents' permission to come to Yaoi-Con?A: Yaoi-Con cannot waive the age requirement, even if a minor has parental permission or parental supervision.
Q: What form of payment should I send?A: Digital Manga Inc. (Yaoi-Con's parent organization) accepts both checks and money orders in U.S. Dollars. If you won't listen to me, listen to your mother: DO NOT SEND CASH THROUGH THE MAIL. Digital Manga Inc. cannot take responsibility for applications and funds lost in the mail.
Q: What are the acceptable forms of Photo ID?A: Acceptable forms of Photo ID are government-issued, like a Driver's License, State ID, Passport, Military ID, or a combo of ID (e.g., School ID with Full Legal Name and Photo plus Birth Certificate). Please make sure the photocopy of your ID doesn't have the edges cut off and the photo isn't blurry.
Q: When I photocopy my Photo ID, the birth date isn't legible. What do I do?A: Use another valid government-issued Photo ID in which your photo, full legal name and birth date are visible. Or use a combo of IDs, for example School ID with Full Legal Name and Photo plus Birth Certificate. Also, please make sure the photocopy of your ID doesn't have the edges cut off and the photo isn't blurry.
Q: Oops! I mailed my application in without my proof of age! Can you process it anyway?A: NO. We must have all your registration materials -- online form submitted to the database, print-out of the registration email, a clear, unaltered photocopy of a valid government that has your FULL LEGAL NAME, PHOTO, and BIRTHDATE on it, and payment -- before we will process your membership. To qualify for the Early Bird or General Rate, your complete registration packet must be POSTMARKED on or before the deadline date.
Q: I missed the General Rate registration deadline!!! What do I do?! Can I mail my packet in anyway?A: NO. Please register at the convention. If you mail your registration packet POSTMARKED AFTER the deadline, your packet will be returned to you.
Q. I'm part of last year's volunteer staff and I'd like to pre-register. Do I still have to pay?A: If you worked 7 or more hours at Yaoi-Con 2011, you are eligible to use those hours to pay for part or all of your 2012 registration fees. If you worked 7-11 hours, you are eligible for a 50% discount on fees. If you worked 12 or more hours, you are eligible for a 100% discount on fees. To use your hours as partial or full payment for Yaoi-Con 2012, email Registration and request they apply your hours as payment. Registration will respond with confirmation and the total fee due.
Q: I'd like to volunteer for the first time this year. Do I still have to pay?A: Volunteers have to register (and pay) like everyone else. However, volunteers are eligible for raffles, events and freebies that won't be available to other attendees. Also, working 7-11 hours this year makes you eligible for 50% reduction in registration fees for Yaoi-Con 2013. Working 12+ hours makes you eligible for a 100% discount on fees for Yaoi-Con 2013.
Q: I registered, but I can't come to the convention after all. Can I get a refund?A: Digital Manga Inc. cannot refund your membership fee; however, you can transfer your membership if you follow these steps:
- Find someone 18+ willing to buy your membership from you.
- Give that person the Final Confirmation email receipt you received from confirmation[at]yaoicon.com.
- Email the Registration Chair (regchair[at]yaoicon.com) to let them know to whom you are transferring your registration. Include the person's Full Legal Name, Badge Name, and Email Address.
- That person must then submit an online form to the database, mail in a print-out of their registration email, a clear, unaltered photocopy of a valid government that has your FULL LEGAL NAME, PHOTO, and BIRTHDATE on it, and your Final Confirmation email receipt (in lieu of payment) to the registration address POSTMARKED on or before September 8, 2012. The Registration Staff will contact both parties via email to verify the transfer before canceling your registration and processing the new membership. No transfers will be processed after September 8, 2012.
Q: What happens if I violate Yaoi-Con's Code of Conduct?A: At an Adults Only convention, we're hoping the members will behave like adults. If your behavior is in breach of the convention''s Code of Conduct, you will be evicted from the convention and banned from future Yaoi-Cons. Your registration fee will not be refunded.
Q: You already have my proof of age! Why do you need to check a photo ID at the door?A: We want to be sure the person who picks up the membership badge is the person who paid for it. And we really, REALLY want to be sure you're 18+. Persons who registered with fraudulent proof of age will be turned away at the door and will not be eligible to receive a refund.
NOTE: The above information is subject to change.
Digital Manga Inc.
PO Box 106
Roseville, CA 95678